Living Root Bridges - a wonder in the abode of clouds
If you are a nature lover, and you are fond of green forest, then you should definitely visit root bridges. You will be surprised to know that these root bridges are manmade, but once you see them, you will be lost to see the beauty and creativity of these bridges. The living roots can be seen in Meghalaya and are made by the local tribes of Meghalaya’s known as Khasi. They are trained to grow older rubber roots into bridges. It takes 10 – 15 years for new roots to become enough stronger so that it can carry people to cross the bridge. Once you walk on these roots, you will feel like you are visiting a different world altogether.
Where can it be seen?
- Meghalaya is a North Eastern state of India and it’s covered with 70% forest. The meaning of Meghalaya in Sanskrit is “the abode of clouds “and people also refers it is the Scotland of the west.
- Meghalaya is surrounded by mountains and natural landscapes which increase its beauty at most and give a pleasant view to the viewers.
- Cherrapunji is the place in the state of Meghalaya, which is famous across the world for its heavy rainfall. If you are fond of rains, then this place could be heaven for you and you can hear the sound of the rain drops and this rain gives the greenest view of the valleys which makes it more attractive.
Different root bridges
- The most famous double Decker root bridges can be found in Cherrapunji and this bridge is one of the unique wonders of the world. Once you stand on it, it gives you an ecstatic feeling which cannot be experienced in any other part of the world.
- Ummunoi Root Bridge is another great attraction for tourists, and this bridge is the oldest root bridge.
- Ritymmen Root Bridge is known as the longest root bridge, and the height of this bridge is 30 meters and this magnificent bridge is so long that it takes more than an hour to cross by walking.
- Mawsaw Root Bridge is famous for its view near to this root bridge you can see the natural swimming pool which enhances the beauty of this bridge.
- Mawlynnong single-decker living root is another attraction for tourists, and this place is considered to be the cleanest place in Asia and people refers it as god’s own village for its cleanliness.
Root bridges are the greatest attraction for tourists. Meghalaya is known as the queen of northeast India it has the spellbinding natural beauty which makes it greener throughout the years. When it comes to trekking, or you are a person who wants to enjoy the beauty by walking, then these amazing root bridges can put some extra mile to your feet. You can enjoy the pleasant atmosphere and cloudy sky while crossing the bridge that gives you a unique experience altogether. You can be witnessed to enjoy the dense forest of Meghalaya, which is surrounded by cloud and natural rains will blow your mind for sure.
Hotels In Shillong
|1||Hotel Polo Towers|
|2||The Eee Cee Hotel|
|3||Royal Heritage Tripura Castle|
|4||The Habitat Shillong @ Asian Confluence|
Email us now even if you have just thought of planning a holiday and leave rest on us to give your imagination a shape and take it forward from there.